Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Adios, 2008

I don't know about anybody else, but I am ready to put 2008 behind me. I've been giving it a lot of thought as I've been brainstorming for my one-year anniversary post for Weddingbee, and here's the thing - post-January 12th, our year went downhill fast. We've both dealt with huge stresses in our personal and professional lives, including health issues for our parents and me losing my job.


Me with my beautiful mom, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in July. She had a lumpectomy in August, and she completed radiation treatment in November. Six months after her diagnosis, she's completely cancer-free!

At the same time, I can't imagine having gone through this year any other way than with Mr. T. The old cliche is that your first year of marriage is the most difficult - and yes, ours absolutely was. But it wasn't difficult because of us - we were the easy part.

Our adorable house in the snow - the day we got home from our honeymoon!

2 comments:

Gleatie said...

Hi!! Just saw you had left me a comment about getting married at Christ the King! Yep, you are right! We are getting married there on March 7th. I was so sad about Father Kenny. I went to grade school and middle school there and had known him for awhile. We are now getting married by Father Neil. He went to St. Pius and is only 2 years older than me which is a little weird (i went to marist so we can play some of the name game). i like him but he is pretty intense about meeting with him. fr. kenny was going to make us go only 2 times! Anyways, great to hear from you! Good luck with the job search. My roommate is in the exact same situation that you are. It's almost eerie how similar! stay in touch!

Gleatie said...

It is really awful to say outloud but I am pretty sure I would have lied to the priest in that situation! they do make such a big deal out of living together. I am also pretty sure that I would have wet my pants laughing if our priest sang the whole ceremony! I am not good at keeping laughter in in those sorts of situations! I am still cracking up thinking about it!
I am actually reading the Twilight series right now which is totally not my type but I like them. they are entertaining enough to read. i need to give the pastel authors a chance to come out with some new ones! you e-mail me if you want at sarahgleaton@hotmail.com